Due to the control measures in place for Covid-19, we are currently not running any after school clubs. As soon as we resume our clubs, we will update parents via the newsletter and website.
From 8:00 – 9:00am each morning we run a breakfast club for children who need to arrive early. Cereal, fruit, toast and milk are provided. There is a charge of £1 for children in Years 1 to 6 and £4 for children in Nursery and Reception. Pupils need to be registered in advance, more details are available from the school office.
The playground opens at 8:30 – 9:00am every morning. Although two school staff are present they are not responsible for child-care and parents should ensure their children are supervised during this time.
Please ensure your children do not arrive at school prior to 8:30am, the gates are locked and they will not be able to gain access to the school unless attending breakfast club.
What we ask of parents
We all have a social responsibility to fight this pandemic.
In school, we seek to undertake extensive risk assessment, in order to reduce the risks of transmission as much as possible, recognising that we cannot eliminate risk completely.
In partnership with us, we need you to be responsible for the following:
- To avoid bringing your child to school if they are unwell. There are symptoms that we know to look out for (high temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste and smell), however this virus can present itself in other ways too. You know your children better than anyone and you know if they are ‘off colour’. Showing social responsibility towards others by avoiding bringing children into school who are becoming unwell, is an essential part to play in helping us to fight this pandemic together.
- Checking your child’s temperature at home, after they have woken up in the morning, before bringing them into school, will be really helpful, to inform decisions you make regarding bringing them to school.
- Make sure that your child does not bring anything into school with them other than a water bottle or pack lunch with their name on, if they so wish. Everything they need in school will be here for them. We do not want any unnecessary items coming in to school from home at this time. Children may bring coats, hats and lunch boxes if they are needed.
Children can be dropped off from 8:00am each morning. Children should enter the school by ringing the buzzer and coming through the small black gate to the school office. Children will then make their way up to the Middle Hall. EYU/KS1 children will be accompanied by a member of staff.
During Breakfast Club
Whilst in the club, children will sit with other children from their class bubbles. Each 'Bubble' will have their own set of resources to enjoy. Children will have the chance to eat breakfast, catch up on homework, play or generally relax before the start of the school day. The staff will supervise the children from a safe distance since we need to minimise contact between and across bubbles.
Start of the school day time
The school currently has a staggered start time for children. We ask that children arrive during a 15 minutes time slot. Children at Breakfast Club will be sent to their classroom at the beginning of their class 15 minute window- see times below. EYU/KS1 children will be escorted by a school adult to their classroom.
- Reception – Year 4 - 8.45am– lessons start at 9.00am
- Year 5 and 6 Amber, Diamond and Topaz classes- 8.30am – lessons start at 8.45am
- Staff will be routinely ensuring children are washing their hands i.e. on arrival into school; before and after eating; after going to the toilets; after coughing or sneezing onto their hands.
- Cleaning materials and hand hygiene products including handwash and paper hand towels will be available in the hall.
- Staff will ensure that the Middle Hall is kept well-ventilated, by opening doors and windows.
- Each class group will have its own set of resources for Breakfast Club.
- All tables/plates/dishes etc will be cleaned thoroughly each day.
- There will be two members of staff present at Breakfast club to supervise children.
- There will be two First aiders present.
- The Head of School/Deputy Headteacher, and will be on-site every day.
- There will be a Designated Safeguarding Lead on-site every day.
- Breakfast club payments need to be paid through Parent Pay your child will already have been given log in/username details.
- Parents can log into the account select the ‘Breakfast club’ tab and top up on a daily/week/monthly basis.
- If parents you have any are difficulties accessing your account please let the school office know and we can reset.